What Penalties Could You Face?
The ramifications of a DUI charge will depend on a variety of factors, including whether this is your first DUI or if you have previous offenses on your record. I am here to help you understand the penalties you may be facing for a…
- First offense: $200-$500 fine, 2-30 days in jail, 4-30 days in jail for aggravated circumstances
- Second offense within 10 years: $350-$500 fine, 7-180 days in jail,14-180 days in jail for aggravated circumstances
- Third offense within 10 years: $500-$1,000 fine, 30-365 days in jail, 60-365 days in jail for aggravated circumstances
- Fourth offense within 10 years (Class D felony): $1,000-$10,000 fine, 1-5 years in jail, 240 days-5 years in jail for aggravated circumstances
How Do You Know if Aggravated Circumstances Are Present In Your Case?
Aggravated circumstances may be present in your specific DUI case If you were operating a motor vehicle...
- Over 30 mph above the speed limit
- In the wrong direction on a limited-access highway
- With a passenger who was under the age of 12
- That caused an accident resulting in death or serious physical injury
- While the alcohol concentration in your blood or breath was at or above 0.15 as measured by a test administered within two hours after you stopped operating the motor vehicle
As is demonstrated above, a DUI charge can have serious consequences on your finances, your future, and your freedom. In addition to the number of previous offenses you have and whether aggravated circumstances were involved, the penalties you face may be affected by your willingness to submit to any blood, breath, or urine tests requested by a law enforcement officer.
Put an Exceptional Advocate On Your Side in Kentucky
You can trust me to take the lead in your DUI case, but don’t just take my word for it. Let my education, experience, and in-depth knowledge speak to my capabilities. I have a Ph.D. in psychology and neuroscience, a background as a prosecutor, and a strong understanding of the science behind the blood, breath, and urine tests that authorities will use to try to convict you. All of these unique factors come together to create a truly exceptional defense attorney.
Not only do I have the skills to represent you, but I also have the passion necessary to persist through any challenges that may come my way. I care about the clients I work for, which is why I will stand up for your rights and fight back against injustice as we navigate your DUI case. Schedule a free consultation with me today in La Grange, Kentucky to learn more about how I can advocate for you through your DUI case or fight back against other criminal charges.